General surgery is the surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal organs. Despite the term ‘general’ in their designation, surgeons practicing general surgery are highly skilled in resolving common abdominal issues, including appendicitis, hernias, gallbladder surgeries, and stomach and intestinal abnormalities.
Areas of surgical treatment include intestines, esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and thyroid glands. They also deal with diseases involving the skin, breasts, soft tissue, and hernias.
General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical emergency. Often, they are the first port of call when it comes to critically ill or gravely injured patients. They are generally required perform a variety of procedures to stabilize such patients like intubation, burr hole, cricothyroidotomy and emergency laparotomy or thoracotomy to stanch bleeding.
All our general surgeons are trained in emergency surgery. Bleeding, infections, bowel obstructions and organ perforations are the primary problems they deal with. They also have proven expertise in carrying out Cholecystectomy, the surgical removal of the gallbladder. This is most often done electively but the gallbladder can become acutely inflamed and require an emergency operation. Ruptures of the appendix and small bowel obstructions are other common emergencies. Our facilities also include minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgery.
Our team of doctors-
- DR. J. K. PODDAR (MS (General Surgery) MONDAY TO SATURDAY BY APP.
- DR. MD. SARFRAZ ALAM (MBBS,DNB(Surgery),MNAMS(Surgery) MONDAY TO SATURDAY 10A.M – 11A.M
- DR. S. K. GUPTA (MBBS,MS,FAIS,FIAGES) TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY 11:30A.M
- DR. SERAJ AHMED (MBBS,MS(General Surgery & Urology) MONDAY TO SATURDAY 4:00P.M
- DR. SHASHANK SHUKLA (MBBS,MNAMS,FIAGES,DNB) MONDAY TO SATURDAY 12NOON – 1:00P.M
For bookings and further details call: 03326415831, 03326415809