Nephrology is the medical specialty that deals with evaluating the structure and functions of the kidney. It also deals with the diagnosis and treatment of several kidney conditions. It often includes simple dietary changes, but often require more detailed treatment approaches like oral medication, surgery and renal replacement therapy.
Some of the most common kidney conditions are:
- Kidney stones- Hardening of minerals in the kidney as stones.
- Chronic kidney diseases- The long-term presence of any dysfunction which does not improve over time.
- UTI- Bacterial infections in the urinary organs.
- Glomerulonephritis- Inflammation of the glomeruli, the tiny organelle inside the kidney that purifies the blood.
- Polycystic kidney disease- A genetic disorder results in the growth of cysts in the kidney that can eventually cause kidney failure.
Detecting a kidney condition in its early stages is quite challenging as even a small portion of a functional kidney does a pretty good job in the overall detoxification process. Thus, an accurate diagnosis plays a major role in the overall kidney treatment process.
The following tests are carried out to evaluate kidney illnesses and provide solutions-
- Kidney Ultrasound.
- Computer Tomography. (CT)
- Blood and Urine Test.
Our team of doctors-
- DR. SATYAKI DEY
(MBBS,DNB MEDICINE,DNB NEPHROLOGY)
MONDAY, THURSDAY 4:00P.M
- DR. SWASTIK PURKAIT
(MBBS,MD MEDICINE,DM (NEPHRO)
TUESDAY, FRIDAY 9:00A.M
- DR. JAYANTA BASU
(MBBS CAL,MNMAS NEPHRO)
SATURDAY BY APP.
For bookings and further details call: 03326415831, 03326415809